The Role Of 3D Printer In Prototype Model Making
Generally, the designed products cannot be directly mass-produced. Once they have defects, they will be scrapped, which wastes manpower, material resources and time. The prototype is the necessary step to verify the feasibility of the design in the product development process. It is a direct and effective way to find out the defects, deficiencies, and shortcomings of the designed product, so as to make targeted improvements to the defects. Common processing equipment for prototype models include CNC numerical control machine tools, 3D printers, and silicone compound mold machines.
The role of the prototype model in the product development process:
- 1. Check the appearance design. The prototype is not only visible, but also touchable. It can intuitively reflect the designer’s creativity in physical form, avoiding the disadvantage of “drawing it beautifully but making it unsightly”. Therefore, prototype production is indispensable in the process of new product development and product shape deliberation.
- 2. Check the structure design. Because the prototype is assembleable, it can intuitively reflect whether the structure is reasonable. The force of each part of an actual part at work is more complicated. With the prototype model, you can more intuitively discuss and review whether the strength of each part of the product is It can meet the corresponding force requirements. In addition, the difficulty of product installation is more intuitively reflected. Since stampa 3D does not require molds to make prototypes, it is easy to find and solve problems early before the product is finalized. If it is found to be unreasonable, directly modify it. The 3D digital model of the product is modified and reprinted.
- 3. Avoid the risk of opening the mold directly. Larger molds are worth hundreds of thousands or even millions. If unreasonable structure or other problems are found in the process of mold opening, the loss can be imagined. The use of 3D printing additive technology to make prototypes does not require molds. If the printed product is unreasonable, the 3D digital model of the product can be modified. After the 3D digital model of the product is completely finalized, the mold can be designed and manufactured for mass production. It greatly reduces the risk of mold repair, mold modification and even mold scrapping, and reduces the risk of mold opening.
- 4. The product launch time is greatly advanced, and the product development cycle is greatly accelerated. Because of the advanced nature of prototype production, prototypes can be used to make products for publicity before the mold is developed, and even pre-sales and production preparations to occupy the market as soon as possible.
Promotion measures for 3D printers in the prototype industry:
- 1) Combine 3D printing technology with digital design and numerical control processing technology to develop the 3D printing industry. With the digital model, you can quickly use 3D printing to get the real object, and the single-piece or small batch production of the prototype model is particularly suitable for 3D printing, so the application of 3D printing technology in the prototype industry is technically and economically. Practical.
- 2) Deeply integrate 3D printing technology with computer-aided design, scanning reverse engineering, numerical control processing technology, composite processing technology and traditional processing technology to develop the prototype model industry.
3D printing technology has solved the problem of uneconomical production of single or small batch models of prototype models by opening the mold. Using stampa 3D technology, you can continuously modify and improve the product at a lower cost and in very little time until a satisfactory sample is obtained.
The application of 3D printing technology in the prototype model industry is feasible both technically and economically, and the application of 3D printing technology in prototype models in all walks of life will become more and more extensive. The 3D printer can significantly improve the efficiency of prototype model making, which not only speeds up the R&D and design cycle, but also greatly reduces the risk of mold repair, mold modification and even mold scrap during mass production.